If you are a father or a professional person wishing to refer to the Caring Dads programme – please complete the attached referral form and email to us as soon as possible.
We are pleased to announce that we are now able to provide Caring Dads sessions online.
We aim to start a new group on the 7th September 2020. Interviews for suitable fathers will take place in August 2020.
Please contact us for further information if you wish to refer a father.
Caring Dads is a child centred programme. Paul is an experienced facilitator of the Caring Dads programme and works in partnership with Gorwel – Grŵp Cynefin.
The Caring Dads programme focuses on:-
- helping men recognise attitudes, beliefs, and behaviours that support healthy and unhealthy father-child relationships
- develop skills for interacting with children in healthy ways
- appreciate the impact on children of controlling, intimidating, abusive and neglectful actions including witnessing domestic violence
During Caring Dads, fathers will develop skills to cope in healthy ways with frustrating situations, including:-
- Understanding how different fathering strategies and choices affect children
- Increasing their awareness of controlling, abusive, and neglectful attitudes and behaviours
- Developing strategies to strengthen the father-child relationship
Click below for the Caring Dads Referral form:-
Gorwel Caring Dads Referral Form 1.doc
- Men who are known to have perpetrated domestic abuse – (who uses overly controlling, physical or emotional abusive and/or neglectful parenting strategies)
- Men with a history of perpetrating child sexual abuse will not be accepted into the programme
- Men need to have a minimal level of acknowledgment of their past abusive behaviour
- For further information please contact us by email - email@example.com
Further information in regards to the Caring Dads on this video:-